You're invited to WSCO's 50th Anniversary Celebration
This year, we are celebrating an incredible milestone here on the West Side: 50 years of building collective power and advancing justice and racial equity in our neighborhood. As a grassroots organization, nonprofit, and district planning council, we are proud of what we’ve accomplished in these 50 years, and excited about what the future holds.
Sunday, November 5th, 2023, Humboldt High School, Door 1, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - Open house in the Humboldt High hallways
Explore various hands-on activities:
- WSCO history & timeline
- Mini organizing workshops
- Stories from the Flats exhibit
- Hummingbird arts activity
- Tour Humboldt High School
- Community resource tables
- and more!
2:00 p.m. - Annual community meeting in the auditorium
- Welcome: Dr. Valerie A. Littles-Butler, Principal
- Special guest speaker Javier Morillo-Alicea
- Elect WSCO’s Board of Directors
- WSCO’s wins, and a call to action
- Announcing the West Sider of the Year and Spirit of the West Side awards
3:30 p.m. - Celebration in the cafeteria
- Enjoy food and birthday cake, while listening to music and reflections from special guest speaker Representative María Isa Pérez-Vega
RSVP below for updates.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Check out all of the incredible organizations sponsoring our 50th Anniversary Celebration!
Are you an organization or business interested in sponsoring WSCO’s Anniversary Celebration? Click here!
Are you an individual who'd like to make a donation? Click here!
This event is free and open to the public. We welcome donations to help support our work into the future!