We seek to sustain a healthy, equitable, and environmentally just neighborhood. There are many opportunities to organize with us! To learn more, contact Ellie at [email protected].
Health & Environmental Justice Action Circle
Every month, join other neighbors who are passionate about health and the environment to share your ideas, learn about upcoming projects, and make a difference here on the West Side.
Community Solar Power team
We're organizing for community cooperative solar! This is a great opportunity to lower your utility bill while helping the environment. There are many ways to get involved:
- Transfer your energy source from fossil fuel to solar through a community solar cooperative (ask us how!)
- Organize with us to build solar on the schools! In partnership with MN350, the St. Paul Federation of Educators, and other community partners, we are hoping to build new community cooperative solar that West Siders can benefit from.
- Affordable housing goes solar: do you live in, or manage, an affordable housing unit? Connect with us to learn more about incentives for adding solar to your building!
- Come out to our event, "Solstice for Solar on SPPS" on Sunday, June 20th!
Good Hearts Gatherings
Coming Summer 2021! Self care, community care, connection with the land, healing. We are here for you. Join us for Good Hearts Gatherings, a space for West Siders to connect with diverse activities to deepen our wellbeing and connectedness. Check our events calendar for upcoming Gatherings!
Adopt a West Side garden
Get your hands in the dirt and show some love for our neighborhood! Sign up to help tend to the Garden of Good Hearts. A volunteer will greet you and support with garden caretaking, which can include weeding, watering, and other fun hands on work.
The Marigold Project
Many families on the West Side celebrate Día de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. Marigolds, also known as cempasúchil, are used to honor the dead and help lead them to ofrendas or altars. Join us to grow marigolds for the West side! We provide the pot, soil, and seeds. You provide the care. Grow them for your own celebration, or for a West Side Día de Los Muertos event in November 2021. Many thanks to the West Side Seed Library for their partnership on this project.
- Recreation as Resistance
- West Side FreeSA
- Bus Rapid Transit
- West Side is Outside!
- West Side Walking Wednesdays
- Beans on the Boulevard