We have just received news that a young man in our community was shot, and survived, this afternoon near Humboldt High School. We understand that community members including children witnessed this traumatic event. Our hearts go out to all who were impacted. Below are resources you can access if you need support.
At WSCO, we believe in the power of community to keep each other safe, to heal from violence, and to build a neighborhood where all of us, no matter our age, race, or background, can live without fear. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you are interested in organizing with our Community Care Action Circle.
- Free remote counseling through walkin.org
- Crisis Text Line is available for free, 24/7 by texting MN to 741-741
- Children's crisis line: 651-266-7878. Services for children and teens up to age 17.
- Adult's Crisis line: 651-266-7900
- Walk in Counseling at Neighborhood House, 179 Robie St. E., West Side, St. Paul, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Face to Face Health and Counseling, located on the East side of St. Paul, is a medical and mental health clinic that supports youth ages 11 to 24 with health care, mental health services, and basic needs services for youth experiencing homelessness. Face to Face offers counseling via video and phone appointments. Parental permission is required for youth under age 18. To find out more go to face2face.org or call 651-772-5555.
More resources available online through the National Alliance of Mental Illness Minnesota.
We do not have further information about the shooting this time, but will update this post as it becomes available.