Rest in Power, Daunte Wright.
- Jummah Khutbah: Justice. Friday prayer from 1:00-1:30 led by The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), America's largest Islamic civil liberties and advocacy group
Healing our City virtual prayer tent, daily at 8:00AM.Please join us daily at 8:00 AM Central Time for this approximately 20-minute interfaith prayer experience which begins with a timely daily reflection from a spiritual leader. The reflection is followed by a period of 9 minutes and 29 seconds of silent prayer – the length of time former Minneapolis police officer Chauvin had his knee on the neck of George Floyd, resulting in his tragic death. Our virtual prayer tent will continue daily throughout the course of the trial.
The family is calling for a peaceful celebration of life tonight at 7:00 PM at 63rd Ave. N. and Kathrene Dr. in Brooklyn Center. LED candles have been requested. Movement Chaplains will be present.
African Career Education and Resource is organizing an action calling for Justice for Daunte Wright on Monday, April 12th from 5-9PM at 6645 N Humboldt Ave, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Virtual Community Healing Circle scheduled: The following virtual community healing circle will replace the session at Rondo Library this evening. This is a shift in response to the impending 7 p. m. curfew. The other two circles that are scheduled for this week are already virtual. Virtual Community Healing Circle (Monday, April 12 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.) https://zoom.us/j/92219686916?pwd=SzFVL25HMGh6Z0E4Z3NWM3JqUE9pdz09, Meeting ID: 922 1968 6916, Passcode: 886235, Phone: 651-372-8299
- GoFundMe for Daunte Wright's funeral & burial costs: https://www.gofundme.com/.../dauntes-funeral-and-burial...
- Brooklyn Center Mutual Aid: https://www.facebook.com/Brooklyn-Center-Mutual-Aid-104440971771925/
- Check Holistic Heaux Facebook page for an updated list of supplies needed and ways to support Daunte Wright's son and girlfriend. Cash App $hubby98 (Chyna's direct Cash App), or PayPal @holisticheaux. Or drop off items needed:
Details from the City of St. Paul here: "A curfew will be in effect tonight, Monday, April 12 at 7 p.m. until tomorrow, Tuesday, April 13 at 6 a.m. The curfew is imposed in all Saint Paul public places. During curfew, no travel is allowed in any public street or place. Exemptions include all law enforcement, fire and medical personnel, members of the news media, and other personnel authorized by the City of Saint Paul, Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Minnesota State Patrol, or Minnesota National Guard. Other exemptions include individuals traveling directly to and from work, seeking emergency care, fleeing danger, or experiencing homelessness. Tonight’s sunset begins the month of Ramadan. Individuals traveling to and from prayer services are exempt. Individuals traveling to and from COVID vaccination appointments are also exempt."
Funding Our Lives for Public Safety
West Side Community Organization believes public safety means affirming lives – not taking them. To affirm lives – especially those of Black, Indigenous, and people of color communities (BIPOC) most affected by racism, economic injustice, and police violence – our city must redirect resources from the Saint Paul Police Department (SPPD) to increase funding for accessible, safe, affordable, and public housing; community services; public education; healthcare; jobs; and other programs that enable us to be well, make ends meet, and create a vibrant community. Read the full statement from WSCO's board here.
Que en paz descanse, Daunte Wright.